"Tender, rich and temptingly sweet, Clementine's butterscotch
brownies balance that brown-sugary goodness with a nice hint of
salt to make this the perfect treat for almost any occasion."
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 to 16
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (3.5 ounces) flour
11/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (9.25 ounces) dark brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 extra-large egg
1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and
salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir the brown sugar into the melted butter.
Stir in the egg, then the vanilla.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients, then fold in the nuts.
5. Place the batter in a greased 8-inch square baking pan and bake
until set (a toothpick inserted will have moist crumbs), 25 to 30
6. Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving.