-2 fryer chicken, cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
-6 cups Crisco shortening
-1 egg, well beaten
-2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
-3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
-Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
- Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
- In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
- When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes.
Release to manufacturer's instructions.
Makes: Approximately 4 to 6 servings