1 head of Garlic
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
3/4 cup Water
1 cup Pineapple Juice
1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 1/4 cups Dark Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
3 tablespoons minced White Onion
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
1 tablespoon crushed Pineapple
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
PreparationRoast Garlic Preparation
- Cut about 1/2 inch off of the top of the Garlic and then cut the roots off so it will set flat.
- Remove most of the papery skin from the Garlic but leave enough so it will stay together.
- Put garlic into a small baking pan and drizzle with the Olive Oil.
- Cover with lid
- Mix and let simmer
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Remove and cool.
- Combine Water, Pineapple Juice, Teriyaki Sauce, Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer over medium/high heat, stirring occasionally until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Add Roasted Garlic
1. Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the garlic is squeezed out (it should be the consistency of butter). Measure 2 teaspoons.
2. Whisk into saucepan.
Stir all ingredients together and stir
3. Let the mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce is reduced by about 1/2. It should be thick and syrupy.
Note: sugar-based sauce if grilled apply sauce approxiately 10 minutes after meal completely cooked or sugar base sauce will burn.